Generally, owners consider the following factors:
- Satisfactory credit history
- Monthly income about three times the monthly rental amount
- No outstanding judgments
- No past rental evictions
- Established history of credit since a past bankruptcy
- Employment verification
- Criminal record check
- Present and former landlord references
Criminal Background Check: We do not rent to anyone with a major felony, drug charge conviction or any person who is required to register as a sexual offender. For specific questions regarding the Criminal Background Check please contact your local office.
KMB Property Management does not discriminate against any class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.
There are no charges for our leasing staff to help you to find a home. However, if you decide to submit an application to rent one of our properties, there is a $40.00 application fee for the credit and background check. To fill out the application online a credit or debit card is required. In our office a $40.00 check or money order will be required to run the background check. Please note KMB does not accept cash.
First month’s rent is due upon move-in or the start date of your lease. Prior to move-in, a security deposit is required. Security deposits are typically equal to one month’s rent, but can be up to two month’s rent, depending on the property.
Each property is different for allowing pets. Please call your local leasing office to see if the property you are interested in allows pets.
Our website is updated on a daily basis. Please check our website frequently to see what properties will be coming open. You can view all of our current available properties on our listings page.
Please call your local leasing office to set up an appointment. Properties may be occupied so a 24 hour notice will be required for a showing. Typically, we do our showings Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Every area has specific places that you can contact in order to have your utilities setup. Please refer to our helpful info pages to help you find the appropriate agencies to contact.
Each apartment/house is different. Please refer to your lease or call your local leasing office.
Rent is due the 1st of every month. You may pay via check or money order (addressed to KMB), or credit card in person at your local KMB office. You may also mail your payment or leave payment in the drop box outside of each office’s main door. You may also pay online via your bank account or credit card through your Tenant Web Access (TWA) portal. If you have questions on how to set up TWA, please call your local KMB office and we can assist you!
If paying by check or money order:
- We must receive your payment by 5pm on the 1st or your payment is considered late.
- If the 1st falls on a Friday and you do not pay by 5pm, you will incur three (3) days of late fees as our office is not open on Saturday-Sunday and we will not receive payment until Monday.
- The three days include Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- If the 1st falls on a Saturday or Sunday, payment is due by 7:59am on the following Monday. Since we are not open on Saturday-Sunday to accept your payment in person, you may place your payment in the drop box outside of our office’s main door. You can also pay in person or mail in payment prior to the 1st.
- Online payments are due by 11:59pm on the 1st of the month.
- You will incur late fees each day until you submit payment.
Please call our office should you have any questions!
Iowa City: 319.351.0102
Cedar Rapids: 319.826.2683Quad Cities: 563.359.3060
If your rent total is $700.00 or less, late penalties are $12.00 per day, for 5 days, with a maximum of $60.00 in late fees per month. If your rent total is $700.01 or more, late penalties are $20.00 per day, for 5 days, with a maximum of $100.00 in late fees per month.